Turin is named a Top 35 European Ecosystem in Affordable Talent in GSER 2023
The 2023 Global Startup Ecosystem Report (GSER) from Startup Genome & the Global Entrepreneurship Network was released on15th June, in occasion of The Next Web in Amsterdam.
The GSER is the world’s most comprehensive and widely-read research on startups, with data from 3.5 million companies across 290 entrepreneurial innovation ecosystems. The report ranks the top 30 and 10 runner-up global ecosystems, includes a top 100 ranking of emerging ecosystems and also showcases startup communities by region.
Turin placed in the GSER2023, thanks to data & insights from Intesa Sanpaolo Innovation Center and Compagnia di San Paolo.
Here some key point of Turin’s ecosystem:
- Top 35 European Ecosystem in Affordable Talent — measures the ability to hire tech talent.
- Turin’s ecosystem experienced 37% growth in Ecosystem Value since last year’s GSER, and has moved up an impressive 25 spots over three years.
- The Smart Cities, AI, Big Data, & Analytics sectors are highlighted for their density of talent, support resources, and startup activity.
- Turin created $1,602,345,386 in ecosystem value from Jul 01, 2020 to Dec 31 2022, representing 37.47% growth from the previous period. Ecosystem value is a measure of economic impact, calculated as the value of Exits and startup valuation.
- Government incentives and access to talent are cited as reasons a startup should move to Turin.